- How do you determine if carpet protection is worth the money for you?
- Do you have kids or adults or both that often make messes?
- Is your carpet getting a lot of wear and tear of late?
- It might be worth spending the extra money to make it easier on yourself to clean up the messes, plus you’ll get a little more life out of your carpet.
I am sure you already know how carpet protection works. (Dirt gets repelled from the carpet fibers and prevents them from absorbing the spills.)
Did you know it also helps to reduce fading from the sun? For Arizonians, that’s very important. If your carpet is fairly new, less than four years old, and it hasn’t seen much traffic and had many messes, you probably do not need carpet protector. Really, you don’t. After all, carpet protector is a safeguard for high traffic areas. If you do decide to get carpet protector, it’s best done annually, for older carpets or every 2 years. And if you have the time, you can do it yourself with a bottle of protector and a carpet brush. A gallon of carpet protector can cover up to about 1,500 square feet ($90-$135 gallon).
Here are Reasons Why My Clients Requested Carpet Protector:
1. One client of mine had a cute little dog that liked to “go” in a certain spot of her carpet. She found that area was more worn compared to the rest of the carpet. Eventually, she replaced the carpet. She was adamant about having carpet protector on her new carpet, so that the same area did not have an “ugly spot”. I am not sure if her dog still likes to “go” in the same spot but her carpet looks great! Protector will allow you to remove spots and spills more effectively, before it becomes a permanent stain.
2. I had a couple who didn’t want to have their entire house tiled and they wanted to save their carpet from being destroyed in the high traffic areas. I said that they should try the carpet protector to see if it makes a significant difference. If they did not see improvement, then removing the carpet might be the solution. In four months time, they said they noticed a big difference with the carpet protector. They were surprised since their carpet was eight years old. They found they vacuumed more often and were glad to not have to replace their carpet with tile. The more you vacuum your protected carpet the soils will release from the carpet pile much more effectively.
3. And when the big messes happen, I usually get called. But if you have the protector it can lessen the big mess to a medium sized mess. Thus, having carpet protector helps avoid COSTLY service calls.